CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

ETEC 597 Reflective Journaling #4

WHAT I LEARNED:

1. How to use SmileBox. I learned this from Mrs. Weed's blog. She had photos of her family. I liked that it wasn't just your typical photo album. You can also print off digital scrapbooks for a small fee. I checked BlogLines and asked her how to do it during class 11/12/08.
2. The purpose of Delicious.com... Its like an online "favorites" website holder
3. The purpose of MAPping. I posted "Whois Domain" on my class website for my students to learn how to check is a website it credible.
4. How to use GoogleDocs. Click to see my Positive Discipline PowerPoint that I uploaded to GoogleDoc
5. How to create a rubric while using a template. Used http://ccfcs.org/ Also bookmarked under Delicious Link.

If you navigate through my ePortfolio you will find more things learned. I put my work into separate classes. I really like this feature because I am able to keep all of my work in one spot to access it. I can see change over time, so to speak.

Relfection:

I am not computer savy! I know the bare mininum of how to get things done that need be. Its not that I am afraid of using technology, I just don't have the patience when something I am depending to work and then it doesn't. I have to have a backup, so why not just do what you know will work and let it be? I enjoyed learning how to use Google Sites. Actually I made a class website before I took ETEC 597 from a collegue. The site is easy to navigate through. I also liked GoogleDocs because some of my kids cannot view my PowerPoints because they do not have the program or they do not have same version as I do. By putting documetns on GoogleDocs it allows them to view the needed work.

I will continue to use my blog and class website hosted through Google Sites. I am also beginning an activity where my kids will create blogs. I will have them add their blogs to bloglines so I can see when they post. I will require them to be a historical figure in the era we are studying, post a "daily journal" and each class mate will have to respond to the post in character. So Adolf Hitler will comment on Benito Mussolini's daily journal.

I think the assignment will be fun for my kids. And since they are online anyways, its an easy grade.

0 comments: