FINAL REFLECTION II: Goals: Professional and Personal
Success of my goals thus far: I am happy to say that I was only partly successful in my goals this semester. I had set out to pull two students who are not in jeopardy of failing TAKS, but who’s scores have decreased over time. I was able to mentor one student, but sadly the other I did not due to conflicting schedules. She was never on campus when I had conference.
Activities used/will continue to use to work toward completion of goal: I will continue to encourage the one student to go to TAKS tutoring and tutoring in general. I will continue to send Jag Cards to my students letting them know how much I do care about them. Jag cards are a big hit with students.
Results: Daniel has been working with Mr. Haney on science material. Sending reminders via mail to Daniel and Jamie, have been unsuccessful. Jamie does not attend due to her work schedule and Daniel just chooses not to go. I talked with him today and he promised he’d attend at least on session this week. According to Mr. Haney, he feels that Daniel will do well on the science TAKS. I have been working with Daniel on history and I believe he will pass. I have one more tutoring session with him, so hopefully it will be successful.
Reflection on the activity of goal-setting and its value in my teaching: Goal setting is very important in one’s professional and personal life. Life is all about progression and its worthwhile to set goals and record the improvement.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
SED 513: Final Reflection II
Posted by The Suzinator at 4/21/2009 02:44:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment